Monday, October 24, 2011

So, What are Your Plans?


I've been getting this question a lot lately, as I'm sure all of us PCVs are as our service draws to a close. Truth is, I have a lot of plans, some of which are important and many of which are totally frivolous! Being out of the country for so long and the anticipation of being home again has made me think about what I really want to do and appreciate the things can do once I C.O.S.

My Countdown!


For those of you who are interested, here are some of my plans for when I get home:

              •Go to Starbucks with Juleigh in LAX, and later eat a deli sandwich, a really good one. I miss them so much!

            •Look for a job

            •Get an Iphone! Yes, I have been technologically deprived for far too long and I need to catch up with the rest of the world!

            •Conduct informational interviews to learn more about careers I might be interested in. I got this excellent idea from fellow volunteer and job advice guru Elena (check out her blog, it's awesome).

            •Make a Peace Corps Tonga scrapbook. Anyone want to have a scrapbooking party?

            •Look into grad school options. I'm currently debating between museum studies and psychology. Or maybe anthropology. Or fashion.That's why I'm just saying "look into"!
           
            •Go to the Smithsonian!

            •Get a haircut. I am so ready! I'm done with the one-length and really want some bangs :)

            •Get a tattoo. I already know what I want, I just have to figure out where to get it done and when.

            •Take some classes to improve on skills I'm lacking. I'm thinking computers, business/accounting, and also a sewing class to take my sewing to the next level.

            •Sew some new clothes.

            •Take my camera and ipod in to get fixed. Yes, Tonga seems to have done a number on both of them. Thanks for still working properly, computer!

            •Go thrift-store shopping. Oh, how I miss it!

            •Look for a volunteer job in the museum field. I've really been looking into museum studies of late and would like to give that a try.

            •Check out the Renegade Craft Fair in San Francisco.

            •Visit friends in Iowa (Farfum's wedding!), the East Coast, Georgia (Beth), and Japan.

            •Fix up my super-cool 50s-era bicycle (repaint, replace the seat, etc). Anyone know how?

            •Figure out what the heck you're supposed to do with Linkedin.

            •And last, but not least, hang out with my friends, family, and bf and try to make up for two years of lost time!

        -Melissa


2 comments:

  1. I can help you out with the East Coast visit and the Smithsonian(s). I'd love to take you around DC, I've gotten to know the National Mall and the metro system very well. When were you thinking of coming? Also, I found this restaurant in Savannah called the Pirate House that is supposed to be haunted. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! My friend Marie lives in Virginia too, so I think she will also be near DC. I'm am so down for the Pirate restaurant! As for the time, as of now, my schedule is wide open!

    ReplyDelete